|The Nightingale Society|
|Newsletter||13 October 2014|
Report from Lynn McDonald, 13 October 2014
Members’ meeting, 20 Oct 2014 in London
for Meeting October 20, 2014
11:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
(lunch provided) at:
Royal Statistical Society
12 Errol Street
London EC16 8LX
(Old Street and Barbican tube stations)
RSVP by email (email@example.com) if you are intending to come
- Welcome of new members
- Minutes of May 2014 meeting
- Review of Seacole campaign to date
- statue campaign
- Our efforts at correcting misinformation
- BBC complaint, Horrible Histories offbut lots of other problems
- Seacole in the National Curriculum
- Report on letters to OCR, OCR Publications, Ofsted, Ofqual,
- Secretary of State for Educational Reform
- Roman Catholic and Church of England boards of education
- Early plans for the Nightingale Bicentennial 2020
- informal discussions: Derby
- formation of a Nightingale Bicentennial Committee (to include us and other major players)
- New initiatives, brain storming
- New recruits for the Nightingale Society?
- Next meeting? possible meeting by Skype?
Nightingale blue plaque unveiling in Holloway, Derbyshire, November 12
Come on November 12 for the unveiling at the Florence Nightingale Memorial Hall, Church St, Holloway, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 5AQ.
More on ‘Horrible Histories’
From the Nursing Standard: